Sunday, August 27, 2006

not much

I really don't have anything to say, but thought I'd like to ramble a bit. I'm at the hangar 'cause I just got to talk to my Israeli girls...which was really great! It's been ages (4 years??) since we all talked together and it was long overdue. Thanks for making it happen, ladies!!

If any of you are interested in trying to talk, download Skype and we'll make a date! It's fun.

We are having really great weather here. For the last few months I've been seeing 10-12 degrees C when I get up in the morning and this morning it was 17!! It's lovely. The girls were so excited to hear crickets last night - that's a sure sign of summer to them.

Hmmm, what else? Last night M and I sat down and made a list of everything we need to do to get ready for our trip to Canada. It's slightly overwhelming, but not too bad. We then looked at the calendar for while we're there. That was more overwhelming. :) I was a little disappointed to see that we won't even get to church at RLMC for 3 weeks after we arrive. That's life, I guess. We will be having tons of time with family in that time though, so it's not as though it's wasted time.

This morning in church, M gave L the offering money. That's not unusual, but it wasn't folded the way it normally is, so she was desparately trying to refold it. The basket was stuck with us for what felt like ages - long enough that people around us were starting to stare. Finally, I pried her sweaty little hands open and made her drop the money into the basket. I was fully prepared for a major fit because of that, but instead, she proudly (and loudly) said, "I did it!!" Who can guess what goes on in their heads?

Well, this is just rambling, so I'll go. I have some pictures to post, but they're at home...maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a big girl L. is getting be. I guess with 3 big sisters-acts to follow she'll keep everyone on their toes guessing what will come next. I can't wait to get reaquainted next month!! (with ALL of you!)

Anonymous said...

i can't wait either! when can we skype? we have it already, so let's just do it.

rachelslab said...

Hey - I might try this skype thing. I wonder if my computer can handle it. When I turn it on, it sounds like a mixer - somehow I don't think that's normal.