Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Current Events

I was feeling kind of bad that I resorted to a ‘lazy’ post…well, at least one that didn’t really involve much brain power. Now I think I’ll give you a little idea of what life is like here.

I’ve been sick since Thursday night, including a few hours early Saturday morning where I thought I might die. Now I’m mostly better, but still not 100% at all. Today I’m going for some bloodwork to make sure I don’t have any nasty amoebas. (Just as a matter of interest…my blood pressure was only 84/50 when I went to the Dr the other day. Do any of you know any good ways to raise blood pressure? Besides yelling at my kids, I mean.)

M is out of town, but comes back today. He was gone Saturday as well and will be gone from Sat to Tues again. So far that’s okay, but I’m going to be glad when he’s here for more than a few days at a time. I’m also a little bummed about him working on weekends, but I think that’s okay, too, and we will bravely go to church without him. (I think!) Also, I’ve been so busy that I don’t have time to miss him till about 8:00 pm!

We did go to church on Sunday and it was so nice to be back. The sermon was so good. It’s the first time I’ve heard someone talk about predestination and free will and make them agree in a way that makes sense. Maybe that’s not new for anyone else, but it was for me.

And, I’ve concluded that at this time, it’s God’s will for me to be kid-oriented. Yesterday I didn’t like that too much. Today it feels fine. I do like doing schoolwork with C. Well, except for math…that’s a tough spot. (Not because she’s not understanding it. She says, “I don’t like paperwork!”)

It’s been great to see people here again. I feel like I don’t have enough time to go around, which is sort of a good feeling.

The kids have been playing outside almost non-stop. Yesterday I didn’t put one movie on! That’s quite a big deal for our house. Today C is invited to a birthday party in the afternoon and then we’re all invited there for supper.

I had a disturbing dream the other night and it seemed like it could be prophetic. Sometimes I wish I didn’t dream so clearly. M says that the reason I’m always tired is because I work too hard in my dreams. Maybe. Anyway, can’t get this one off of my mind, so I’ll keep praying about it. Do you ever have dreams with meaning?

Oh! One more thing. We have traffic circles here instead of stoplights. Well, should I say instead of about 20% of the needed stoplights, or something. Anyway, I hate them because I don’t know all the rules. I just try to be careful. Well, the other day on the way to the Dr, I scraped someone’s bumper while going through a traffic circle. The driver got out and was NOT happy. I was imagining things like angry crowds gathering, and I was nervous!! I looked at the bumper and I was thinking it was really nothing and that he was reacting a little strongly, but of course I couldn’t think what to say. There was a cop standing in the middle of the traffic circle, but he just stood there and didn’t say or do anything. I got M on the phone (thank you Lord for cell phones!) and was just telling him what was going on, when a lady got out of the back seat of the car, looked at the bumper and said not to worry about it! Praise the Lord. I went on my way, shaking and grateful. I think that the driver was just the driver and wanted to act tough. Good thing that the owner of the car was more sensible. It’s two days later and I haven’t even looked at our truck yet to see if it had any damage. There was so little damage to the car, that I can’t even imagine that it did anything to our truck.

Okay, only one more thing: L goes around singing a little song she made up, “Uncle Mike, Uncle Mike, Uncle Mike, Uncle Jose, Uncle Kirk, Uncle Kirk, Uncle Daryl, Uncle Mike, Uncle Keith”. It varies, but that’s the idea. Also, she’ll say or sing “Baby Scotty, baby Scotty, baby Scotty….” She must really have liked her uncles, because she also was calling M “Uncle M” for the first week or so that we were home. Funny kid.

That’s really it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me more about the sermon! It's been awhile since I've heard one I could understand, let alone make sense out of. =) You could just email me about it if it's not your type of blog post.

Yes, I have definitly had meaningful dreams. Some that were straight from God, I have no doubt.

Jenni said...

If you email Iris the sermon, I want to hear about it too! :-) Dreams... yeah sometimes I think they mean something. Sometimes they reveal my own heart/emotions.

Thanks for the newsy update.

Anonymous said...

it's always a relief when traffic accidents turn out good. i'm glad for your sake. you could eat more salt for your low blood pressure. dreams definitely mean something sometimes; other times, well, let's hope not. and lastly: wow, those uncles must have impressed L! would it kill her to write a few about her aunts?

Anonymous said...

amen to karla's comments. and about the dreams: the other day we started praying about where to go on the high school missions trip in the spring... then i dreamed that we went to argentina. was it a sign? i don't know for sure, but that's where we ended up picking. hmmm.

rachelslab said...

When I read the post, I was going to ask about the sermon as well. I see that it's unoriginal, but I still really want to know! Dreams -sometimes I do things in my dreams that I can't do in real life because it will make people mad. Like yell a lot at people I want to yell at. It's sorta nice.

Robyn said...

I think dreams can definitely be prophetic. I think you will know in your heart if it is or not. Yes, give us the sermon. :-) Glad that driver didn't punch you out or anything.

Sabrina said...

I often dream about stuff that I fear. I do think dreams have meanings sometimes. I have a cousin that hasn't been doing well for a lot of years. He doesn't seem to care much about life. I dreamt last night that he was back in church. His mom told me this morning that he got a job (this is big for him!) I' hoping that dream was a vision of the future.

Wendy Yutzy said...

Hey Rhonda,
I was wondering how you like Sonlight? So C doens't like paperwork!! Neither does Tia, oh writing..... do I have to write...?
I'm half way through her K5 Abeka, I'm debating what to do next?
Dreams? Funny, I had one the other night too, I wonder what it meant. I'd love to hear yours.

Jenni said...

Yeah, dreams... After your post, the next night I had one of "those" dreams. And I think at least part of the meaning is this: Don't leave any foothold for the enemy. Take care of sin and strongholds completely.

Rhonda said...

1. I'm going to ask our pastor for his notes (or at least scriptures) for the sermon. Then I'll pass it on.

2. I had a really scary 2nd 'fender' bender yesterday. Just saying that so that I make sure I have no pride left about the issue. :(

3. Sorry, but I can't tell the dream. I'm still praying about it.