Saturday, March 17, 2007

Marriage Meme

1. Where/How did you meet? I don’t know. It would have been about 1983, when he moved to Red Lake. Neither of us remembers an actual meeting.

2. How long have you known each other? Since 1983, I guess. We really wouldn’t have seen to much of each other until about 1987, though, when I moved to
Red Lake.

3. How long after you met did you start dating? We started dating in August 1994.

4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 3 years and 4 months.


5. How long was your engagement? 4 months and 2 days.


6. How long have you been married? Almost 9 years.

7. What is your anniversary? May 2.

8. How many people came to your wedding reception? 180ish, I think. Or was it 160ish? I don’t know.


9. What kind of cake did you serve? Um, white. It was a wedding. Just kidding. But the main cake was definitely white. I think we had chocolate, carrot and white sheet cakes.

10. Where was your wedding?
Red Lake.

11. What did you serve for your meal? Barbequed beef sandwiches, potato salad, veggie tray with dip, chips, punch, cake and ice cream. It was delicious.


12. How many people were in your bridal party? Six. Three bridesmaids and three groomsmen.

13. Are you still friends with them all? Yes! But I’m not good at keeping in touch with my friend Jennifer. :(

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? I don’t think so.

15. Most special moment of your wedding day? It’s a toss-up between him singing to me and seeing each other for the first time.

16. Any funny moments? I’m sure there were, but I don’t remember.

17. Any big disasters? Nope. Oh, unless you count being pelted with birdseed.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Canadian
Rockies.

19. How long were you gone? I don’t know. 8 days?

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? The style of the bridesmaids’ dresses. No, not the style, just the fabric.


21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? The left.

22. What size is your bed? Queen.

23. Greatest strength as a couple? We are like-minded on the key issues.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Not being selfish.

25. Who literally pays the bills? He does.

26. What is your song? Hmmm. I don’t know if we have a song. He sang “If You Could See What I See” at our wedding.

27. What did you dance your first dance to? Unfortunately, we neither A) really know how to dance nor B) had a dance at our wedding.

28. Describe your wedding dress: Simple, white, satin, and exactly what I wanted.


29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? The flowers were the best part of the wedding, besides marrying the love of my life. Coral and white roses, white daisies, mini carns (oops, can’t remember what colour) and ming! And ivy! And did I mention roses? I think my bouquet had 15. Yum.

30. Are your wedding bands engraved? What do they say? Nope. Nothing.

I tag Robyn, Iris and Jenni. Oh, and Sabrina and Melissa and Wendy. And Elise. And Vicki. And Karla and Kim. And my mom, when she starts a blog.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

oh, the memories! i'll see if i have the time and gumption to do it. good timing since our anniversary is coming up.

Iris said...

Hi there! Maybe I'm showing my ignorance here but what is the meaning of the word "meme"? Our anniversary is coming up too...13 years!!

Rhonda said...

it means one of these things...don't know why. maybe because it's all about "me, me, me"? I don't know. are you gonna do it?