Hello from the slacker blogger...
By way of excuse for my pathetic blogging lately, let me say that as pathetic as my blogging has been, our internet connection has been even more pathetic.
Also, I want to say that Blogger messed up the date on my last post. I posted that on Monday, if anyone cares. Or if anyone wondered why I would go to church and have a BBQ on a Friday.
I have new glasses on order! They were to be ready for pick-up yesterday, but I didn't get the expected call, so I guess I'll check for them on Monday. I can't wait to post a picture of them - they are revolutionary! (For me.)
We went to a birthday party yesterday morning, which was a hit with the girls. C said, "This is a dinosaur party with sweets." She summed up well.
The girls are now doing chores and getting an allowance. Let me qualify: they are doing organized chores in addition to the times I randomly call on someone to help me do something. They are enjoying the idea immensely so far.
Yesterday we began rearranging beds for the celebrated occasion of Robyn and Daryl's arrival in June. We now have a bedroom with 2 bunkbeds in it, which makes me feel like I must have a lot of kids.
I have several serious topics that I'd like to blog about, and haven't quite found the mental umph to actually sit down and write about them. You could shout encouraging slogans at me if you want to see these things come to pass. :o) Maybe this afternoon...
Speaking of R and D coming, we were talking about something related to that and I just said, "R and the girls" because I was thinking of the time while D will be in Mandritsara. S indignantly added, "And Uncle Sheldon, too!!" Ooops, wrong uncle.
Again, speaking of having 4-5 people here for 5 weeks: do you have any crockpot recipes to share with me? My oven is big enough for a 9x13 pan and has one shelf. (Actually, if I arrange it just so, I can fit my big roaster in.) All that to say that I plan on using my crockpot a lot, and suggestions are welcome. We're going to be eating out a lot, too, I predict. (Based on previous experience when family visits.) And that's a good thing.
We have been told that we could have our new and improved internet connection within 4 weeks. I am cautiously optimistic, not holding my breath and all that.
Well, time for a shower and getting ready for church. Today I would love to stay home and have a relaxing family day, but I'm teaching Sunday school. C'est la vie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It's always good to read your updates. As far as the encouraging slogans....how many do you need? Does it count if they all come from 1 person?
"Go Rhonda!!"
"You can do it, Girl, I know you can!!"
"just get started and the words will come."
"I'd love to hear what's on your heart and mind!"
Rhonda Rhonda, she's our woman! If she can't do it, we'll find somebody else... I mean, NOBODY CAN!!!
You're number 1, You're number 1 (repeat as desired)
rhonDA! rhonDA! rhonDA! (imagine 97,000 screaming fans)
If that doens't do it for ya, I just don't know know what else I can do. Thanks for the update!
i wanted to add my shouts, but i don't think i have anything to add after reading iris and rachel's comments. but i certainly agree with them. and i guess that's a bit hypocritical of me since i've barely blogged in a month! i need someone to shout at me too!
love ya!
Post a Comment