Friday, October 12, 2007

what to say?

(In the interest of full disclosure: I edited this post 20 minutes after I first wrote it.)

*It's always easier to compose my thoughts in a bulleted list.

*Today I taught C how to play Monopoly and she beat me. I did NOT arrange it so she would win, in any way, and next time you can believe I'm not holding back. :) I also have been playing Settlers with her lately, so we're just really moving on from Candyland and Memory. Thank goodness. :)

*M is gone again. I'm getting a little tired of it (ok, a lot tired of it), but I know this schedule won't last forever.

*Just two months till K and K arrive for Christmas! Yay.

*Just two months till I'm eating cheese from OH.

*There's a large insect running across my floor. Wait, is an arachnid an insect?

*Here is a link to the blog of my favourite brother-in-law in OH, the one who's bringing me cheese in Dec and has given me great inspiration for this here post. (I'll warn you though, you'll never find such a frivolous post as this over there. If you're looking for fluff, that will be the wrong direction to go. On the other hand, if you want to talk about good stuff like how Christianity and culture mix, he's your man.)

*If you love peanut butter, you must try this recipe. It is good enough to eat with a spoon, Rachel.

*It's 9 PM and I'm drinking Coke. I know, it's dumb, but I am also eating a hoarded bag of Doritos, and they just need Coke.

*I just killed that aforementioned spider. He was jogging around my living room a little too energetically for my liking.

*Almost every Friday morning I have a French lesson. I feel like I'm making good progress and I really enjoy them. It messes with my English for a day or two each time, so if you notice something odd, blame it on that.

*The jacarandas are blooming. If you don't know what that means, go to google images and do a search on 'jacaranda antananarivo'. Whenever we're driving anywhere my girls yell out, "I see a purple tree!" when they see one.

*Good night.

7 comments:

Sabrina said...

Two months until Christmas! what in the world! Glad K and K can visit you. did you know K is my cousin? did K know that? I'm so proud that a cousin of mine married a N!

Love peanut butter, but Nate doesn't seem to like it. :( Maybe I'll try the recipe in a about 10 months!

Anonymous said...

hey! So good to hear from you! The vivd vocabulary you used made a really funny image in my head of jogging spiders. don't know if it would be worse to squish something that big or just let it go hide till Hubby got home. Yikes. I love PB. I think I'll try it on wacky cake sometime. =) And, I have muenster cheese from Ohio in my fridge right now. Don't know how it's lasted this long except that they sent a WHOLE brick of it!! =) Can't wait till you can enjoy some too!

my word thingie is iseek. Seems appropriate to my Spiritual state at this present time. Praying that I will always be a deeper seeker.

Anonymous said...

I looked up jacarandas and they are gorgeous!

The "jogging spider" also gave me funny images. Also reminded me of a dream I had the other night in which my dog was jogging! Very cartoon like, except he looked exactly how he really looks. Weird.

Also... this is a little outdated... but just wanted to say that one of my brothers always used to react big time to bug bites of all sorts, very badly to bee stings, his lymph glands swelled up hugely too.... and now he is fine. Hope your little gal hasn't been having any problems lately.

Anonymous said...

so glad we made the list ahead of the cheese. also, he does know he's your cousin, sabrina. :) i looked up the jacarandas too, and they're beautiful! will they still be around in december?

Jenni said...

so, could you sleep after drinking the coke?? and what did you put the icing on? chocolate cake or something else? or do you just eat it with a spoon?

i really didn't know spiders jog, but that's a really funny mental picture!! thanks for the post!!

Rhonda said...

sabrina, we're practically related!!

iris, i will have to e-mail you my thoughts on the cheese.

angie, S is fine, except that she still needs claritin a lot. :( i thought she was off of it for good, but then i noticed she is scratching her skin raw in places. thank God that her sinus infection is GONE, though. that's why i thought i could take her off the claritin.

jenni, i will not tell you how late that coke worked its magic, but no, i could not sleep. ugh. that means i'm getting old. gone are the days of 3 cups of chicken chef coffee at 9 pm and bedtime at 11. boo hoo. i put that icing on wacky cake as iris suggested and it was really good. the thicker the better, is all i have to say.

karla, if the rains aren't too hard you might get the see the last of the jacarandas. by that time they are done and the rain usually knocks all the blossoms off. i'll see what i can arrange, though. :)

Robyn said...

good times. i like reading your blog as always and i like hearing everyone's comments. i'm typing w/ one hand - better fly