Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy 5th Birthday to A and S!!

So, my babies are 5! For some reason it's a lot harder for me to comprehend them turning 5 than it was when C turned 5. Maybe because I can't imagine that I've had twins for 5 years already. And, just in case anyone is wondering, having twins that are five is easier than having twins that are 3 months old, but not as much easier as one might expect. :) They sure sleep a lot better now, but they have what might be called ATTITUDE to deal with, too. :) But, they are good kids overall and they make me laugh every day. For instance, the other day S said, "Mary loved Madagascar, right?" I said, "Mary who?" "You know, in the song." "Please sing it for me, ok?" "Mary loved the land you know, land you know, land you know..." I laughed heartily, but hopefully somewhat tactfully. She said, "The land I know is Madagascar, so Mary loved Madagascar!" I said, when I got my breath, "It's lamb, sweetie." Anyway, without further ado...

The theme was Creepy-crawlies. So, you've heard of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey? Well, have you ever pinned a tongue on a lizard? :) (Look at all those blonde heads, will you?) Also, this was the first time that we've had a birthday party without the parents staying. :)

Of course opening presents is a highlight. They got some nice stuff - enough markers to last for a few months (or years!) and some Polly Pockets, doll clothes, a DVD, etc.

All the kids! (except for L, and we'll discuss that later.) See those two boys? They made sure we knew that some things are too girly for them. :) Cracked me up. By the way, C thinks she's marrying the oldest one. I think he's told his parents the same.

S chose a snake cake. In case you can't see it, I wrote, Happy Birthday S-s-sierra. :) She picked the colours, a pink snake with brown spots.


A chose a butterfly. Could there be a more girly cake? :)


Check out those eyes! :)

A got this beautiful set of "real" baby clothes for her doll. It's white eyelet and it's sooo cute. She is very happy to have such beautiful clothes for her baby, Lena. (I should hold a separate contest to see if anyone could guess what S has named her baby. You'd never guess in a hundred years, so I'll just tell you. Cheesecake.)


In which I show you that L was a velcro child during the party and was nearly always attached to me. Well, except for when she went outside by herself to be alone. Sigh...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your girls! I can't believe it was five years ago! Then again... I was pregnant with Gabe at the same time and he just turned five. I guess it had to be that long.

Cheesecake! Now that is good. It beats my Baselina I had when I was young (inspired by Vaseline... rhymes except with the added "a" on the end).

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. . .5 year old twins are certainly easier than 5 month old twins. I loved the cakes. If you haven't read my blog yet, do. I promise I was not making a personal reference to you in the cake comment! I didn't read this until after I wrote that!

lisa said...

cute pictures! you are awesome at cake decorating!!! :-) I wish I could tell you the attitude gets better....but that would be a lie!!! :-) but keep laughing...because that's what will get you thru raising these wonderful blessings from God!

elise said...

Wow! 5 yrs old! Wish them a happy birthday and give them a big hug from us!

Hey Rhonda, you look really good! I love your haircut.

Jenni said...

happy birthday from me too! and i like your hair too! i think some of those little boys look like they should belong to brent and lisa! and once again, i see Sl. genes all over A. she reminds me of myself!

thanks for all the great pictures!

Robyn said...

Oh I miss you all!!! That looks like fun and I love being able to picture everything there, etc. Cheesecake is a great name. Hilarious! Of course you should name your kid something you love. I should have thought of that.
Baselina is also good, Angie.

You look so skinny - have you lost more weight? Anyway, it looks good on (off?) you. :-) And nice hair too.

I am here a lot, just don't take time to leave comments, sorry. I'll try to do better. :-)
Oh, what can you tell me about Sonlight's phonics? I really want to order something for the girls.

rachelslab said...

Wonderful pictures Rhonda - beautiful girls, fun party, hooray for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...

Sabrina said...

great pictures! do you know of any good web sites to find cake ideas? Isaiah's birthday is next week

Anonymous said...

Fun, Fun - like the hair. Just today, Jamie was making a game list for her party and came up with "Pin the nose on the pumpkin." That was a new one for me.
Great seeing everyone again.
Les

Anonymous said...

So much FUN!!! and you got your BOOKS!! It doesn't get any better than parties and sonlight does it? And with cheesecake to boot. So good to finally get on your blog again....I'm on L's computer. =)

Anonymous said...

last but not least? anyway, just thought i'd comment now that i'm home again. love those happy faces. where did these last 5 years slip by to anyway? i guess Barb would be proud of those cakes, wouldn't she? i'm glad you're still using your skills so well:)