*Last Saturday A, S and I went to the annual yard sale at the
*Speaking of movies, we are having a movie-free week Chez Slaubaugh. Being the kill-joy mom that I am, I came up with the idea to see if we could go for a whole week with no TV. (We only watch videos or DVDs…no real TV.) M, being the fun dad, suggested that we all go out for ice-cream on Saturday if we make it till then. The kids are totally on board with this idea, and the more I think about it, so am I! I’m already dreaming of my Café Legois. (Coffee and chocolate ice-cream with espresso and whipped cream…)
*M has been sick with a stomach bug yesterday and today. He even called in sick for a flight this morning, which has happened less than 10 times since we’re married, I’m sure. He seems to be feeling better this afternoon.
*Tonight is the last time we have our ladies’ Bible study! I am relieved to have Monday nights free again, but will certainly miss the interaction with a great group of ladies.
*Wednesday afternoon the girls are starting girls’ clubs. My friend Heather has the curriculum to do a Christian girls’ club and she is kindly sharing it with us. I’m going to have C and one or two of her friends, and Heather is going to have her 3 yr old and my 3 youngest. They are all very excited, except for L, of course. She keeps going around saying, “I don’t want to be a Rainbow!” (The younger group is the “Rainbows” and the older group is the “Daisies”. Fun times.) Each week we will have a Bible lesson, a snack and a craft.
*Have I mentioned that C has swimming lessons on Tuesday afternoons now? This week will be her 3rd time and she is loving it. So far they have made more progress than I expected and can “dive” into the water and glide underneath the water for a short distance.
*I can’t believe how quickly Christmas is coming up! It’s almost time to start baking cookies. It’s been quite warm here the last while and the thought of having the oven on doesn’t really excite me. I am excited to start putting things in the freezer for when Kirk and Karla are here! Only one more month!
*I’m sure there must be more to say, but that’s all for now.

7 comments:
Things you don't worry about in Red Lake - it's too hot to use the oven in Decemer... huh. Crazy, eh? Thanks for the newsy update. Yes, Christmas is coming very very fast. Bring it on! I can't wait. But it would be oh so nice to have you guys here. I'm so glad Kirk and Kar Kar can be there. Suddenly I feel like I'm writing you an e-mail. I should go. Have a great morning! Followed by a wonderful afternoon and pleasent evening.
hi! thanks for the news!! sorry m has a bug. he and keith could commiserate right now. he's been sick for a week and is sloooowwwwwly getting better. very unusualy for him.
very brave and noble of you to have no tv for a week. i hope it yields some sort of positive results! (did you have something specific in mind you were hoping for??)
it cracks me up that L doesn't want to be a rainbow. does she say it in a whiny voice? is she afraid of new situations??
miss you lots. i wish we could bake cookies together! (as rachel pointed out, it's not too hot to bake here!!) i'm having a hard time imagining when i'm going to do that, but i really want to...
the "too hot to bake there" sentence got me too!!! boy, do I wish that was our problem here!!! ha! I was just in a store yesterday and they were saying how hard it is to get into the holiday spirit when there's no snow outside. For some reason...that doesn't bother me a bit!!! bring on the sunshine and warm weather!
we have "no screen" days at our house....that means...no screens of any kind!! not even computer!! try that with teenagers and it doesn't go over real well...but they do live thru it and the board games do come out!!! :-) so, I hope your "no t.v." week goes well!!
Ahh, the sent of Strawberry Shortcake! I wish I could go back for just one day!
Yes indeed. the news is good to hear. And yay! for no tv. We play lots of card and board games and it's getting fun now that the kids are old enough for stuff beyond Memory. =) Although that one is still Evan's "fafrit."
You've been tagged with a Seven Random and Weird Things Meme.
http://underthesun.wordpress.com/2007/11/13/seven-weird-and-random-things/
I know you've already done one meme at least, so skip this if you want. I am trying to reach my quota of seven and I don't read many blogs!
Oops... I wasn't done and I got cut off somehow.
I hope M. gets better quickly. Good for you on the t.v. thing. Are you planning to just cut out the one week or watch less overall? About two and a half years ago I cut my boys way back on t.v. (we too only have DVDs and VHS, no real t.v. for about six years). The first week of withdrawal was the hardest. (I cut them off for two weeks.) Since the habit was kicked, though, they sometimes go a couple weeks without even asking to watch a movie. Be strong. Be brave. Go for your Café Legois!
(It looks like my link didn't work in my last comment... here it is again:
http://underthesun.wordpress.com/2007/11/13/seven-weird-and-random-things/
Post a Comment