From Iris:
1)do you still have frequent stomach "issues."
Not so much. It’s sort of swung in the opposite direction, as well, if you get my drift. And thus we come to the conclusion of discussing my bowels on my blog. :)
2)What is your favourite time of day?
After the kids are in bed and it’s QUIET. Very, very quiet.
3)what is your favourite "date" activity with M. (Besides THAT)
Although it stinks when he has to fly on a Saturday or Sunday, it means he gets a day off during the week. And then our favourite thing to do is go into town and have a date at the Cookie Shop (in the morning, while kids are at school or with Mme Pauline). We do wild things like eat brownie sundaes at
4)Do you still have time to read novels? Who is your favourite author? And type of novel? How often do you read? I guess I should just ask what you read when you do read.
Yes. Hmmm, not sure I have a favourite at the moment. I love any fiction that’s either truly believable, or completely pretend. (i.e. A Wrinkle in Time) I read whenever I have a spare 10 minutes. My most recent reads have been, The Life of Pi by Yann Martel, The Poisonwood Bible by ?? Kingsolver, and the story of the Trapp Family Singers. (Since you mentioned that you had read it I was very interested in it, and was really inspired by it.) By the by, The Poisonwood Bible was really popular a few years ago and I never read it then. Now I would say it’s one of my favourites, although it was one of the most depressing books I’ve ever read. I’m really off of Christian romance right now. (Like Karen Kingsbury, etc.) There really is nothing new under that sun, as far as I can see.
5)Who's your favourite singer? What's your favourite cd(s)?
I hardly ever put music on in the house, and in the truck I’ve been listening to Matt Redman’s “Beautiful News” CD for ages now. I have very simple demands for music…it must not make me feel claustrophobic. I guess if I had to take one CD for the rest of my life, it would be Steve Bell’s “Romantics and Mystics”. Love that.
6)Who's your best friend? (The rest all promise not to take offence that it's not them.) =) Just KIDDING!
Question rejected. :) No, seriously, I couldn’t choose a best friend if I had to. I have so many good friends, and I’d hate to rank you all.
7)How often do your thoughts turn to
At least once a day, when I check my e-mail.
8)Do you hope your kids go to the ends of the earth like you did/are?
Yes.
9)Do you ever see yourself living a "normal" not-on-the-misson-field-so-to-speak life?
Oh yes. Definitely.
10)Do you care if I do this on my blog?
Please do! I hope everyone tries this so I can be on the other side and ask all the crazy questions. :)
11)Have you ever tried to comment on someone's blog while 2 kids fight over who gets to sit in your lap or hang onto your leg both screaming and crying all the while? I think I'll hurry and finish this....
I’m sure that there have been similar scenarios here at our house.

5 comments:
Oh wow. You're really into this. Posting this list twice. =) I think I need to determine to read more and start makinga must read list starting with some of the titles you mentioned. I'm with you all the way on christian romance. Been there, read that.
Thank you so much for doing this. Great idea. I can't wait to copy it. =)
WOW! Fun posts to read. thanks for admiting that your love language is gifts. It's sorta high on the list for me too, but I hate to say it cause it sounds like you're asking for stuff or something...
= P
Oh, I got to see the Trapp Family singers last year! They were so good!
cont. from Amy's comment...And she gave me a CD and it's one of my favorites!
I think I'm going to copy you and do the question thing. Except I have to wait until I feel like I have the brain energy to answer them! I've been so, so tired lately. Anyway, it looked like fun and since you highly recommend it.... stay tuned.
Post a Comment