*The first news is the best news: my husband is coming home tomorrow after being in South Africa for a week!! Yay!!
*Surprisingly, the week went by very quickly and fairly smoothly. We had all the normal events - swimming lessons, schoolwork, art lessons, French lessons, and girls' club. Then we added lunch at an Indian restaurant (with a playground!) one day after school and a trip to the Croc Farm today with all the girls from girls' club.
*I got to scrapbook with friends the day before M left, and then two nights this week as well. It's been so much fun to get more than a few pages done and of course it's been fun to be with friends, too.
*We ate hot dogs and asparagus twice this week. In case you find that interesting...
*I'm really tired.
*I wish that I could recreate a "conversation" between A and her asparagus last night. She had 3 different pieces and the smallest one said, "Hi dad, can I watch television?" The biggest one answered, "No. Maybe later." She then ate the biggest one. Then the smallest one said to the middle sized one, "Hi mom." Then she ate the middle sized one. Then she started to eat the smallest one and it said, "Oh help! I'm being eaten!!" A says, in a "big" voice, "Close your eyes and you won't feel it!" Down the hatch for little asparagus! We were all laughing so hard. :) Maybe you had to be there...
*I made monster cookies this week. Soooo good.
*Can I just say for perhaps the 2nd or 10th time that I really love Sonlight? I do. I'm so excited about starting first grade with A and S this September. They are loving the kindergarten books I got for them and are really ready to learn to read soon. I love it all.
*I'm so tired. Did I mention that?
*Did I tell you that M is coming home tomorrow? :)
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
i like the asparagus story! i'm glad you survived the week without your hubsand. (that's slang for 'husband') good job.
yes, the asparagus story was great. And not to be self-centered, but once again, I think the pictures of S look l lot like my little kid pictures. anyway, thanks for posting!
Yeah, the asparagus story made me laugh. Wish I could have been there. Kid's uninhibited imaginations are great entertainment. And I'm so happy that M is almost there!!! Talk to you soon. =) (I love skype)
so glad you survived the week so well. i want to come scrapbook with you! and watch A eat her asparagus!
I am inspired by how much you scrapbook. I am so far behind that I get totally overwhelmed when I think about it. You are very brave to take all those little girls to the croc farm. Wow.
Sorry I've been off the radar. I'll try and skype you soon. Maybe tonight...I'm glad that M is back. I've been praying for you. Miss you. (Who is Heather? Just wondering)
p.s. What kind of art lessons? Do you teach the kids or go somewhere? Or are they for you?
Yes dear I'm still here too. Lurking in the shadows. :o) Thanks for all your comments. Did you go on vacation? You haven't posted for days. Well, ok, maybe only like 3 or 4 days. Or is it just because M is home?
Hope your day is fantabulous!
Post a Comment