Saturday, February 02, 2008

Rhonda's Illustrated Guide to Life Here

I know, I know, it's been a long time between posts again... Well, in my defense, I started one yesterday and left it and the computer acted up and ate it. :( (growl.) So, here we go again.

It's been raining a lot as we are really into cyclone season. Thankfully we don't get the full force of them as we are inland, but we do get rain! On Friday evening it was pouring and the girls wanted to go out. All day I had been wanting to do something fun with them and hadn't had a good idea so just as I was about to say no, I said yes. :) We had a great time splashing around and letting the mud squish between our toes. It was colder than I expected, but it was fun.


C is enjoying her readers a lot this year, and often reads them 3 or 4 times each. I had to ban books in the bathroom when she passed the 30 minute mark for one stop. :) (You'd think she was related to her dad or something...)

Did I tell you about my truck dying in front of the French school (not our little preschool, the Real French école with way too many parents with way too little parking) just at closing time? When M was in South Africa? C's comment, "Mom, you're making a huge traffic jam!" Oh? So, a few of the MAF guys helped me out and this is one of the scenes that followed. :)

The girls' bedroom wall now sports a lovely, hand-drawn, one-of-a-kind mural. Want one?


Did you know that you can make a chef's outfit with just a chef's hat? Well, if you have a leftover angel costume and a long-sleeved shirt that can double as an apron.

C has finished her blanket! I am very impressed with her dedication to this project, and she is loving the cozy result.
So, it is Sunday morning, I normally I would be in church, but A has vomited twice already this morning. :( Yucky. Also, M is flying. I wasn't going to let that stop me, but combined with the sickness? Yeah.

Guess what? My mom is now blogging! :) Go over and say hi at her new place on the web.

Keep an eye on this blog, too. Hee hee. :)

We had our MAF team over for a potluck on Friday night. It was fun to host them again, since it's been awhile. Sadly, a lot of people were missing, but it was still a fun time. I love seeing the kids all playing together, and visiting with the ladies and eating other people's food. :)

I've been missing having some crocheting or something around to work on for a few minutes at a time. Clearly, scrapbooking doesn't fill that need. :) I do have a bit of yarn and a few hooks here, but can't buy more yarn here. Does anyone have any good ideas for small projects?

That's all, folks.

6 comments:

Josh and Jocelyn R. Plett said...

hm. i guess that answers the phone text question i sent you: you guys ARE sick too! (perhaps i should check your blog before i call or text you with questions :-D ) seems to be going around... i hope it wasnt something we ate on Friday night!! :-S

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, I soo like when you post pictures!
As for the small projects question...how about hats for the girls or little blankets for their babies? Or hats for their babies?

kirkandkarla said...

tell C congrats on finishing her blanket!

Anonymous said...

Great updates. The pic. of you all in the water puddles brought back memories for sure. It was so good to hear all those little peoples voices yesterday--well, it was great hearing the 2 bigger peoples as well. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

loved reading about your life again! and seeing the pictures, or course. =)

NomadatHeart said...

I want to know if you're going to leave the mural or paint over it. :o) And I too love when you post pics, and I just want to say I'm super proud of you for saying 'Yes!" to the walk in the rain. I've had those moments too when I've been so grateful I said yes. I think it's God's way of saying, "You did good!" Way to go Mommy!! *hugs*