Friday, March 21, 2008

a great Good Friday

This has been such a great day so far! M has had the day off, which in itself would make a day good. :) A and S went to school as usual this morning, since Good Friday isn’t a holiday here. C and I had our usual French lessons, after spending time doing our French homework and some of her math at the picnic table. The weather today was soooo nice. M picked up the girls at school and came to get the rest of us and we went to the pool. The water was a little on the chilly side (I was only truly warm in the water while I swam a couple lengths), but the kids never mind that. We meant to eat lunch poolside, but, well, they didn’t have any food yet. Bienvenue a Madagascar! After a random lunch at home, M took the 3 oldest to their art lesson and L to play with a friend. I decorated a birthday cake for said friend, whose party is tomorrow morning. When we went to pick up the girls from the art lesson, we were invited to stay for a visit and admire their new chickens. I was so happy that we were all together and we had no reason to rush off! I love that feeling. Now, M is out to get money at the ATM and pick up pizza for supper. (Well, supper for him and the girls. I’m going out to pick up Chinese later on, since I’m pretty much the only one who finds that exciting!)

Now, to put my French lesson into practise, I think I’m going to translate this into French. Wish me luck! (Too bad that although our computer can do French spell-check, it doesn’t suggest idioms and such for me. Ha ha.)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

This was all SOOOO good to read, since I've been away for awhile. I had the laptop along on the trip, but we were so busy I didn't even have time for it. Anyway, I'll fill you in on the trip, etc. in another time and place. Love you