Friday, April 18, 2008

Rhonda is...

Feeling:
  • Happy that we get to celebrate our 10th anniversary without kids!
  • Concerned about Mr. Frank, who is still in hospital.
  • Grateful for people "back home" who are praying and caring for Mr. Frank.
  • Tired of bickering kids.
  • Immensely grateful for the opportunity to buy a keyboard from a family leaving the country. C and I have been praying for this for months! I feel like this is a "just because I love you" gift from God.
Reading:
  • The Lord of the Rings (for the third time, but I've never actually read it all the way to the end)
  • The Chamber by Grisham
  • The Sonlight catalogue (as always)
  • Leviticus, Psalms, Mark (I've changed my plan...still trying to read through the Bible, but maybe in 2 years instead of one)
  • many kids' books (hopefully there will be a whole post devoted to this topic coming soon)
Eating:
  • Guavas! Yay, they are finally in season.
  • Less sugar and meat...when I remember.
  • Tomato sandwiches - as often as possible.
  • Pizza with onions, fresh basil from my garden, parmesan cheese, "mozza" cheese, fresh tomato slices and black pepper.
Planning:
  • M's birthday celebrations this weekend
  • With M and the wonderful MAF-C "travel lady" about how we're going to get to Canada in August. Ticket prices are sky-high and we're searching for the best route.
  • How to finish C's grade two work before we leave in August.
  • How I can fit more scrapbooking into my life. :D
  • To start another Beth Moore study, this one on Daniel.
Missing:
  • Friends who aren't here.
  • The "growing up" of my nieces and nephews.
  • Customer service, the way I want it. (not hovering, just waiting to be useful, and then actually knowing enough to be useful)
Looking forward to Canada:
  • Shopping in a country where I'm not an XL.
  • Eating sandwiches with all the things I'm hungry for - smoked turkey, yellow cheddar, etc. Too bad I can't bring back some of these tomatoes for that!
  • Being with my husband for a loooooooong time.
  • Seeing Karla with a belly. :D
  • Eating walleye and blueberries.
  • My birthday - with family, I hope!
Laughing at:
  • A and S trying so hard to speak French.
  • My city kids - asking me if the fish we had last night for supper came from inside a fish body. Yes. From the water? A fish from the water?
  • L, who wants to go to school so badly. She's also become completely confident about Sunday School and scorns any suggestion that she's too little for things of this nature. (She probably will start going to school one morning a week in May.)
Dreading:
  • Going into the bathroom to check on A and S who have been playing in the bathtub while I wrote this and now are fighting like cats.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Thank you! Happy sigh!

rachelslab said...

Yes, that went down very well indeed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks from me too. (I might have to copy the form of this post.I liked it very much.) =)

Robyn said...

1)that was fun to read!
2)what are you doing for M's bday?
3)that pizza sounds so good!
4)i was already thinking about what we will do for your bday! i will cook you anything you want.
or we could go to olive garden...
5)i can't believe it's almost a year since we left for madagascar. incredible. we've all been thinking/talking about it a lot recently. it must be the time of year that reminds us of it. oh, and thanks for the shirt - i just got it yesterday! i like it.

Sabrina said...

Very enjoyable read. Your girls sound like a lot of fun!

Rita said...

This made me miss you so much and look forward SO much to your return in Aug. I'll help Robyn kill the fatted calf of your choice. Followed by blueberry pie or delight? Or Crosswinds raspberry pie? The girls will need to watch Papa fillet fish and then enjoy the freshness of NW ON walleye. Counting the days; with love! --Mom

Anonymous said...

Can you believe it's been 10 years since your wedding day?? I remember with fondness my trip to RL with Co and Michelle. . .very fun. How are you planning to celebrate?

That pizza sounds delicious! I want to come to Madagascar just to eat some of your food. . .