*It's a cold, cloudy, misty day today. I'm wearing 3 shirts. Remember this? Well, yes. It's that time again. But, I do love our fireplace. I even slept by it the other night when M was gone. :)
*S has lost a second tooth. It's very cute. The funny part is that she lost it without realizing it was gone. In the middle of the day. So, the tooth fairy had mercy on her again. (Did I tell you before that she lost the first one during the night and we never found it?)
*Have I mentioned before that I love our church? Again, for the record, I love Vision Valley. Gavin had such a good preach this morning. (That's South African for "good sermon".) It blessed me to pieces...about spending time in the presence of God and letting God change us bit by bit. That is a timely reminder for me! I'm generally found waiting for the magic wand that will do the quick fix.
*So, I'm feeling a little pressured to get my to-do list done before we leave. Lots to do. Which things should I let go of? Which things are optional? What should I do first?
*There are 3 Canadians coming to help work on a airstrip that MAF is improving. One guy will be staying with us before and after they're in the bush. Should be interesting to get to know them and let them see life in Mada.
*Tonight we're making hobo dinners in our fireplace and the neighbours are coming over to join us. I love hobo dinners, but I'm always so worried that I will be eating undercooked potatoes. :)
This is the new sound booth at church. That's M and his fellow sound-booth-person, Martin.
This is the new sound booth at church. That's M and his fellow sound-booth-person, Martin.


6 comments:
well, if it grows like a hollyhock, has leaves shaped like hollyhock leaves, and flowers like it, then it must be a red-leafed hollyhock. You think? Never heard of that before, but it's in the tropics, so maybe that's why. Is this one in your yard or in the wild? Susan H., are the leaves the same as yours except for their color?
maybe they are more like the sabrinas that is like a miniture holly hock, but the leaf color and shape are so different. Love reading your blog, getting excited to see you again, about the tooth fairy. A grandmother took her grand daughter along to the nursing home, the gd saw some false teeth soaking in a glass of water, she looked at grandma and said gramdma"the tooth fairy isn't going to believe this". Blessing
Twila
tee hee, twila!
rhonda, please, please don't abandon us (me!) for facebook! i love your posts so much! (and i don't even have a facebook account. (what a fuddy duddy i am!)
don't worry, jenni, i won't completely abandon this blog. and now that our internet seems to be improved, i will hopefully be more motivated to blog again. (facebook loads more easily than blogger, unfortunately.)
good read! yesterday O was mentioning how much she liked your church. i agreed with her! as always, i like reading what you're up to. good pics.
i dont know what that flower is, but can i have some of the seeds for my yard?? :-)
Post a Comment