We've been having a great time, in spite of struggling with some sickness and grouchiness. :) The Nisly family had a wonderful week together, the weather has been delightful (that means hot and sunny), I've been eating walleye and blueberries happily, "our" house is well suited for us, we have been very blessed by a grocery/gift card shower from our home church, we're going camping this weekend with most of M's family, and I'm sure there's more. Tomorrow I get to scrapbook with my "old" scrapbooking crowd. :) Maybe that will dull the pain of going to the dentist in the afternoon...ha ha.
Things I've noticed:
*Food is expensive. But very, very good. :)
*Some things never change in Red Lake. Other things have changed a LOT.
*People here are friendly when I don't expect it and not friendly when I expect it. (That's a sweeping generalization, of course, but it surprises me.)
*I'm very tired.
*Having a large washer/dryer combo and a dishwasher is luxury. LUXURY, I tell you. :)
*S gets many mosquito bites here and some of them swell and some of them don't. She hopefully has an appointment with an allergist in Sept.
Here are a few photos:
L, A and S eating watermelon by the lake. We spent an afternoon playing in the water and sand...some people water-skiied and kneeboarded, but I don't have photos of that.


2 comments:
Hey, we could make that fruit duck here! :) Very cute!
Great to 'catch up' on your news!
We miss you guys, but glad you're having this time at home with friends and family. Love ya!
wait a minute, i never said you could post a picture of me in my fancy outfit! oh well, i do look smashing.
Post a Comment