Wednesday, September 17, 2008

this and that

For some reason, blogging is faller lower and lower on my list of things I want to do...maybe because I'm around most of the people that I think read my blog? Hmmm. Who knows.

We're in Winnipeg now, hanging out at Robyn and Daryl's house. Just in case you forgot, that's 8 little girls under 8, and 4 parents. So far, it's not as chaotic as that sounds. The weather has been wonderful until today, so we've been enjoying that a lot. Today is rainy and Robyn is just putting the coffee on. :)

Yesterday I spent almost 6 hours at the Children's Hospital clinics, taking S from room to room to get her allergy testing done. I feel pretty smug about how many of my "instincts" were right or on the right track. :) She is very allergic to dust mites, and that has sort of set off a chain reaction for all the other things like sinus infections and skin irritations. Right now it seems like she also has mild asthma, but I wonder if that might clear up if we get the dust mite thing under control. All in all, I feel very relieved and informed and able to do something for her! I am so grateful to God for answering my prayers in that way - after the last Dr we saw, I felt like they just gave up and told me how to manage her symptoms. I don't want to manage symptoms, I want to deal with them!!! So, starting with buying covers for her pillow and mattress, I think we can start working on things. S was a model kid the whole day, and we actually almost had a fud day. :)

Last night we had a MAF presentation here in Wpg. It was fun, except that I was dealing with some digestive discomfort that made me run to the toilet repeatedly. :( There were about 25 people or so and it's always so encouraging to see that people care about MAF and our family. (to the R.Pletts: Thom came by for a bit and we all enjoyed seeing him again! L even chatted with him and seemed to remember him. :)

Well, I'm off to drink coffee with my sister. How nice. :)

8 comments:

rachelslab said...

Whoo hoo!! A post - I check faithfully ya know. So glad things worked out as well as they did with S. ach, sometimes I just could pinch myself at how sweet and adorable your kids are!!! S at the wedding was just too much. Did I tell you what she told me? I can't remember. Anyway, we should just talk one of these days when you get back to RL. Hey, if a picture is worth a thousand words, there's practically a set of encyclopedias waiting for you on my blog. Alright, I should go start my day... wish you could come to the depths of the earth to visit!! = I

Anonymous said...

just drinking coffee with your sister, are you? it doesn't sound like fun and i don't wish i were there. well, maybe i do...

Paula said...

Hey, I'm stalking your blog, too!!! So keep blogging. :-)

Again, glad that you were able to get some positive info on dealing with S's allergies. What a relief!

So, ten ladies in one house...I feel sorry for Matthew and Daryl!!! LOL Not sure I could handle that...and I "is" one. Heehee

Glad you're having fun with your real sisters...but we miss you here!!! The Sisterchicks just aren't the same without ya!

Sabrina said...

thanks for the update! have fun with Robyn.

Unknown said...

You must have had a stuffy nose when you wrote about Sierra having fun at her appointments. That doesn't always come through in typing, but helps make it seem like we're hearing you talk. :-)

Anonymous said...

hey there. I too am glad you got some answers about Sierra. I don't know much about dust mites. I do know lots about dust though. Are they alive? Yuck. Maybe I should dust my house more often if they are. Gives me the heebee jeebees. Hope they aren't too hard to eliminate or protect her from.

Josh and Jocelyn R. Plett said...

Aww. What a nice guy that Thom is! Nice to see you had a good turn out for your MAF function. And well done with your allergy sussing! It must be nice to finally have an answer! PTL!

I also know how it is with blogging when i'm in Canada, but think of it this way: when you're back in Mada, it's nice to read those blogs from CAN to help you remember what you did then. (and, it's nice for those of us who care for you on this side of the globe).

mathfridge said...

Hi Rhonda,

Feel free to put a link to my blog on your page. Hope too see you guys during the holidays.

Dave