Interesting title, no? Well, my status on Facebook currently says, "Rhonda is thinking that this day was full of unexpected events." Jose (my brother in law) and Vicki (one of my Israel girls) both thought that I should blog about today, so here I am, ready to comply with their wishes. :)
This morning when I came upstairs, Mom told me that an elderly lady from church (and Mom and Dad's neighbour) had passed away early this morning. It wasn't entirely unexpected, and it's not at all sad to think of her being healthy, in Jesus' presence. But still, a death in the Christmas season isn't ever expected. My heart goes out to the family...
Soon after that, Mom got a call from Dad, saying that he was in the ER waiting to get his finger stitched up. He cut his finger badly at the car wash this morning, and needed 6 stitches.
Jenni (M's sister) called me this morning and invited me to have lunch at her house with a bunch of ladies. That was a fun unexpected event! :)
Matthew has been thinking he might have strep throat, so he wanted to go to the walk-in clinic this afternoon. He took A and S with him, because I was worried that they have strep in their noses. (I will spare you the details here. :) He ended up spending most of the afternoon in the clinic waiting to see a Dr, but got good attention when they finally saw one. The girls have impetigo (if I understand correctly, that is a form of strep...) and are on 2 meds each, and the biggest bummer is that they are highly contagious until they aren't getting new sores. So, no playdates with cousins for a few days I guess. :(
Now, I'm going to help tuck the girls into bed and then sit back and relax. (I did 4 loads of laundry today, with help from Mom and the girls, and cooked supper and washed dishes. It felt good to be domestic, but I need more sleep! No more late nights for awhile!)
Friday, December 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow. If I'd have know it was that easy to get you to update, I would have spoken up earlier!! And to think you put my name in the title. . . I'm honored! My girls had impetaigo last Christmas. It's gross, but it cleared up really quickly. Two days later is when I came down with strep throat. I feel for you!!
THat's a full day! I hope the girls sores clear up quickly!
I nominated you for a blog award today. Was that expected?
oh... btw.... check my blog: http://underthesun.wordpress.com/2008/12/06/two-people-think-my-blog-is-cool/
Hi Rhonda,
I'm glad to hear you all made it safe. You asked about linking me. Sure, Go ahead!
Also, put me on your mailing List.
R,
1. how is it doing your own dishes and laundry? :-D
2. it's official. i'm definitely ready for you to come back to Mada. It's been very different without you here and i'm just plain tired of the seclusion in Compound Villa des Pins. We are also sad not to have you guys there to come sing carols to. Alas. Hurry home eh.
J.
Post a Comment