The grape jelly which I was so pleased with before it was finished that I took a picture of it. :) We are eating it, by the way. We just have to microwave it for a bit when it comes out of the fridge.
Caitlyn has taken to occasionally bathing and combing her sisters. They actually like it. :) She does a decent job, so you won't hear me complaining.Remember that I said I bought a gift for Matthew on the side of the road? Well, the next day he had to go to the hardware store and took Caitlyn with him. As they were driving along, they saw a man selling something which definitely caught his eye, and he told Caitlyn, "I wonder if that's what Mommy bought for me...but don't tell Mommy I said that." Next morning, I showed Caitlyn what I bought and her eyes sparkled and she said, "Cool. Now I have a secret with you and a secret with Daddy." I didn't think too much of that. When we got home after church, Matthew said, while looking very mischievous, "If I guess what you got for me, can I have it today?" Since I didn't really want to wait to give it to him, I agreed. And? Whaddya know. He'd seen the same thing. :) And here it is:
It's an NHL beach towel! In Madagascar! :) And, what's more, for those of you who aren't up on such things, it's a Canadian teams beach towel! Cool, eh? There's just something about finding a small piece of home in such an unlikely place.

5 comments:
Beautiful towel, i mean girls, I mean... ummm.... too bad it doesn't have the good ol Winnipeg Jets on it - the towel I mean. Caitlyn combing Sierra's hair is very very cute too. That's really neat that they can do that without injuring each other.
awesome towel! i can see why you snatched it up! happy early bday, matthew...
i was dying of curiosity, so i'm glad you could finally tell us what you got him! and i'm very impressed that caitlyn's doing the other girls' hair now!
That jelly looks yumm-o! I don't think my kids would let their sisters comb their hair. So way to go, Sierra! Isn't she the one with the sensitive scalp? :-) BTW, your furniture looks nice. I know it was done a long time ago, but wow, so much nicer than blue pleather...
Caitlyn must be a good secret keeper. Cute story.
Post a Comment