Here's a quick note to let you know we all made it safely to Kenya yesterday. Matthew had a long, but good trip here (over 8 hours!). The girls and I had a much quicker trip, and it went well overall. There were a few times when I thought I might pull a few hairs out or develop some new gray hair, such as the time that one child nearly had a real panic attack when we took off. Or when I had to fill out 5 visa applications in the hot Nairobi airport with 4 hot, hungry, tired kids around my feet. But we made it.
Today we spent several wonderful hours with friends from Madagascar. We got to eat lunch with them at Java House...mmmm. Burgers, fries, milkshakes and iced tea! Afterwards we walked around a market with clothes and shoes, mostly, and it was good that I didn't have any cash. :) It would have been tempting, since people here are considerably bigger than Malagasy people. (read: the clothes might have fit me vs. clothes in Madagascar where I'm larger than most XL)
We're leaving for Uganda in the morning, maybe around 10.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment