Tomorrow we leave, ready or not. I think I'm ready. There is still the last minute stuff to do...make sure that the fridge ready to be left for 2 months, that Mme Pauline's salary is sorted, and that we haven't left a trail of clutter in the wake of our packing.
Today we spent the morning driving clear across town to get our yellow fever vaccinations. I felt like a real heel. I lined the girls up to get their shots and told them it was just a little prick, but then when it was my turn at the end of the line, I discovered that it really hurts! It was kind of a nasty one. Matthew rewarded us with ice-cream (a rare commodity these days) and it was all better.
I spent the afternoon making sure all of our bases are covered here so that we can be gone for two months. It made me realize that it's true, we really did just hear about this on Monday! I also packed up all of our stuff that Matthew is taking in the plane with him. The definite upside to him taking our stuff is that the girls and I only have to deal with carry-on luggage! Yay!
So, I don't know when I will be online again, but I'll try my best to keep you up to date on things.
See you in Uganda!
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
happy trails. so to speak. can't wait to hear all about it!
wow, so crazy! hope your trip goes well. i can't wait to see some pictures and hear all about uganda. love you all!
Yupper. Ditto the above.
I hope you have a great time. I'll be looking forward to hearing updates, whether it be while you're still in Uganda or when you get back.
Wow - I gave up blogs, email, and Facebook for a week for lent and come back to see all this happening in your lives!! I hope the flights all went well today.
Post a Comment