Friday, March 20, 2009

Picture this:

I have the 'pick-up at school' end of carpooling, so I thought I would document it. This is the road we walk on from the school to the truck. And, yes, this is posed. :) Normally they are in 4 completely different places.

Sierra (and Aimee, too, for that matter) is taking off with reading. She's so cute when she's reading since she wants to be sure we all know that she's really reading it. I guess she means she isn't guessing or remembering what she heard before.

Larissa really loves Judah. Could you tell? :)

My yellow rose bush. What more can I say about that? I like it.

We missed the first bananas from our trees while we were in Canada. Now the second batch has been cut, and they are ripening in a box in the garage. I foresee a lot of banana bread when these all ripen at the same time. :) Actually, I'll probably give a lot away unless they ripen in stages.


Does anyone know what this is? Matthew took this photo on a trip the other week, and he had to tell me what it was. I would never have recognized it.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

YAY! I loved the pictures. I really love the one of Mme Pauline! You will treasure that someday. One question...why don't you leave the bananas on the tree to ripen? Just wondering. Oh, and I didn't know I was cheating, but I was because I clicked to enlarge the picture and saw the file name. I won't spoil it for anyone else...but no, I wouldn't have known what they were.

rachelslab said...

Yeah, I saw the file name too. = ) Oh my - C looks SO grown up in that one picture! What are you feeding her??!! Great pics! Wonderful pics! I've missed seeing your pics. Have a great weekend!

Jenni said...

what fun! thanks a bunch. i didn't see the file name of the picture, but i'm going to go look now. :-)

the bananas are very impressive!!

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures. I don't know what those little buds are, but now I'm really curious. I was wondering the same thing as Robyn, why can't the bananas ripen on the tree?

Rita said...

Mom here on dad's computer--at Karla's! I've been too busy holding Mayah today to write, but my guess without looking is coffee beans. I will be looking at those pictures over and over!

Rita said...

oops! it's a bit dark in this living room and i didn't notice that i'd actually picked up my own computer.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wondered if they were coffee beans as well. ?? The bananas look wonderful. Do you think I could grow them in PH? =) I too love all the normal every day pics. Sigh. I wish I could come visit and see it all in person.