I don’t have enough to say about any one subject, so here, once again, is a list:
*Strawberries are in season, so I’ve been freezing strawberries. “Real” Mennonite women with big gardens would scorn my efforts, but I think we’ll be able to make strawberry milkshakes for awhile, at least. And, to cover up partially hide thinly disguise my deficiencies as a Mennonite, I’m going to make whoopee pies today. So there.
*Our internet has been shockingly bad, so I’ve been using dial-up to check e-mail and read your blogs, but it’s too painful to post anything that way. Hopefully tonight we’ll be back online.
*Speaking of internet related things: when our internet is working, it generally works pretty well. Well enough to use Skype. If you don’t know what Skype is, let’s just say this: it means that we can make “phone calls” to other computers for FREE. It’s great! Let me know if you have Skype and we’ll chat. If you have Yahoo Messenger, I regret to say that for some unknown reason, the voice option with Yahoo just doesn’t work that well.
*I’m feeling a little homesick these days. I think that every year that we’ve been here so far, this is the toughest time of year for me. When I hear about people at home going on canoe trips, camping, picking blueberries, walking through Norseman Days and all that, I do confess a little jealousy. It doesn’t help that it’s cold here when it’s warm (and fun) there. It’s not too hard to keep the jealousy at bay when it’s 25 or 30 degrees here and -40 in
*My broccoli is finally just about ready to eat. Four out of nine plants are actually growing broccoli, but I haven’t given up hope for the others, because they’re the runts. I’m going to be far too excited on the day we actually get to eat it.
*I re-did a few scrapbook pages that I wasn’t happy with, and now I have a very strong urge to do more. And more. And more. We’ll see what decade that actually happens in. Maybe I’ll scrapbook all day for my birthday. Hmmm, that’s a good idea!
*We have been enjoying having friends back in the country after a 13-month home assignment. It’s been great to catch up with them and we’re already making plans to scrapbook together. I’ve been more aware of enjoying the friends we have here, since I have been missing people that aren’t here. (Hi
*The other day I decided to start tackling some cluttery places in my house. I wish so badly I had taken a before picture of the one drawer…it would be embarrassing, but I would post it so that I could post an after picture, too. :o) It’s a good feeling. But, why can’t that feel bad to me when it’s cluttered? It really doesn’t bug me nearly enough, but I love how it feels to have it cleaned up. Argh.
*Someday I might write a whole post on how much I love this Beth Moore study we’re doing. I have rarely enjoyed a Bible study so much and learned so much. If you have a chance to do this study called “Believing God”, please, run out and do it! Or, organize one yourself! It’s really worth it.
*We have inherited an old season of “The Amazing Race” on video. I will not confess how much we’ve watched this week already. Argh.
*While I was in the middle of writing this last night, M came home from work and said he had a surprise for all of us. We get to go with him on a trip to the coast for 2 nights next week!!!! Hooray!! It almost never works out for us to go with him, because there aren’t that many flights that just happen to have 5 empty seats. :o) I’m so excited to get to the beach again, and most of all, I’m so excited to have that time with just our family. (I had been praying for that!) Gotta go buy some new sand toys…
*It is with great joy that I somewhat cautiously announce that L is pooping in the toilet.
*Conversation I heard just now:
A: I can see the moon!
C: It’s a gibbous moon.
Me: (thinking) Gah. It feels so awful to have a 6 yr old that uses words that aren’t even in my vocabulary.
*I was counting on using the internet last night, but it didn’t work. Again. Now it’s Wednesday and the internet was working, but we don’t have access between
*Tonight M is going out for supper with friends, but due to lack of babysitters, he’s going alone. I’m looking forward to a nice quiet evening with the computer. :o)
*Good bye for now.

7 comments:
Sorry you are homesick. Hope your broccoli cheers you up soon. And looking forward to hearing more about the Beth Moore study. Have a nice day and week!
hey! thanks for all the news! i just looked up gibbous in the dictionary. where in the world did she hear that?? i'd like to see more about that study by Beth Moore. sounds good. maybe you could tell us more about what you're learning some day soon?? :-)
Yay for the brocolli! I was pretty sure it looked like it would produce. And yay for going on a trip together! That sounds like fun. And boo for no internet. That stinks. And boo for being homesick. That stinks too. But thanks for posting. Fun to read.
Hey there! Eat some broccoli for me and I too want to hear more...much more....about that Beth Moore study. I think I'm going to check her out online and see if I could do it that dway. Anyone want to do it through email with me? I wonder if that would work for us wordy women. Maybe I'll have to get onto Skype and we could at leawst talk about it every week. Hmmm... we'll have to get a mic that works. Ours is out of order thatnks to our offspring's little fingers.
Have you at least made bread and pie crusts? And you homeschool! That should cover over the fact that you don't raise goats or have 13 kids or a perfect garden.
I'm making whoopie pies today too! Broccoli was one of the main things that did well in our garden. I always enjoyed it too as long as I could keep the bugs off! BUT we don't have a garden anymore.
thanks for the update! I often am the most homesick for Cananda (R.L. and T.B.) during the spring and fall. I think it's the weather??
Post a Comment