Friday, January 18, 2008

answers, part 3

Carol has come out of the shadows to ask me if I still want 12 kids. In theory, yes. But in real life, that didn’t work out. :) I already have days where I look forward to grandkids, though. Imagine: lots of little kids to play with, but not really be responsible for. Sounds good to me. :)

And she asked if I have a middle child. I don’t know exactly what all you think of when you think of a middle child. I find it hard to give either of them enough quality one-on-one time, if that’s any indication. (I spend lots of time with C doing her schoolwork. I spend lots of time with L because she still needs me for lots of things.) I’m looking forward to homeschooling A and S next year and hope that it gives us more time to interact purposefully. As for them, they are very interested in the fact that A is 16 minutes older than S. S is especially interested that in spite of the first fact, she’s almost 2 inches taller than A.

Rachel asked quite a few questions and it sort of made my head feel a little funny. I’ll see what I can do.

My best memory of Poplar Hill (in case someone doesn’t know, it’s the little, fly-in reserve where I spent 10 years of my childhood) would be something that involves nature. Perhaps fishing. One good memory is coming back from blueberry picking with my best friend and her parents. Susan and I were huddled together in the boat to keep warm and we were singing “Anywhere with Jesus” in Ojibwe at the top of our lungs. Yeah, that’s a good one. It’s hard to choose, though.

My best memory of Israel is living in the old city of Jerusalem, and being a 5 minute walk away from the Western Wall. Or visiting Bethlehem. And eating falafel with the juices running down my arms. Again, hard to choose.

Next Rachel asked what 5 things I would change about M if I could. How about this: if I could change one thing about myself, what would it be? Well, I would automatically pray about the things I’d like to change in M instead of trying to fix them myself.

What was the best part and the most challenging part of 2007? Best: having 2 of my sisters come to visit. Most challenging: not leaving Madagascar at all and/or having my friend Erin move away.

If I won 350 baby chicks, where would I keep them? I’d keep 10 in a small enclosure in the back yard. The remaining 340 would be kept in a DHL box addressed to Rachel. Ha ha ha.

Do I miss my stereo? No. I hardly use the one I have.

My primary love language is gifts, followed very closely by words of affirmation.

Does M still laugh out loud when reading Pat McManus? I’m not sure because thankfully, he doesn’t really read them that much anymore.

If I saw a moose or bear in Madagascar, I would check to see if I was dreaming, then if I wasn’t, I would sit down and laugh. Then I’d call MAF-C to arrange a psychiatric evaluation.

Do I miss Rachel as much as she misses me? That, my friends, is where I say “I don’t know.”

I do not wear my heart on my sleeve, but if I did, it would be the left one.

And, yes, I do feel that I have been asked many excellent questions and that I am the object of much interest. I highly recommend this for any blog. It’s fun.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

tee hee. this is fun to read. keep 'em coming.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading it too.